Our apologies, this product is no longer available. Its replacement, a redesigned unit featuring a large format, single panel and Ultra HD playback will soon be available. If you wish to be notified about the launch date of the upcoming SkyView, please subscribe to our newsletter and we will be happy to alert you when available for quoting.
Sky Factory SkyV™ Digital Cinema Display
is an illusion of real sky, a virtual skylight displaying the essence of nature's sky events in vivid, hours-long, UltraHD sequences. SkyV is a ceiling-mounted system of precision monitors integrated into a faux skylight framework.
Library of Scenes
Intense pink blossoming Hawthorne trees are in continual wind-blown movement as the cumulus clouds float overhead in a spring-blue sky. The Hawthorne trees come in and out of dramatic shadow as passing clouds cover the sun.
About an hour into this sequence, the cumulus clouds go through a brief period of rapid internally-uniform expansion that increases their size while simultaneously preserving the details of their form. As late afternoon progresses, a period of mostly blue sky is followed by distinctly different cloud patterns.
As the sun sets, the blossoming Hawthorne is lit by intense filtered red light and then the clouds. Finally the last clouds of the day dissolve into the deepening dusky blue night sky and, with the disappearance of wind, night is framed by absolutely still Hawthorne silhouettes.read more... View a full-resolution single image from this scene
Spring Sky: Afternoon to Night with Blossoming Hawthorne
Four Firs and Mountain Clouds
Autumn Sunset and Nightfall
Summer Sky with Pines and Cliff
Winter sky: Creation, Dissolution, Creation
Autumn Late Afternoon with Gingko and Pine
Summer Early Morning Sky
Autumn Afternoon with Gingko and Pine
Summer Mountain Sky with Aspens
Summer Afternoon Cycles: Creation and Dissolution
- Ultra High-Definition resolution - SkyV's UltraHD delivers three times more detail than full 1080p HD content, with overall resolution of 3,240 pixels x 1,920 pixels.
- Unique Illusions of Sky Content - each SkyV features eight hours of real-time sky views. Each scene (average length is 1¼ hours) features continuous, non-repeating footage of beautiful sky events - evolving clouds, over-hanging trees and blossoms (and the occasional fauna). Our proprietary, UltraHD footage is created by Sky Factory for SkyV, and cannot be found anywhere else.
- Advanced Technology - commercial-grade LED-edgelit LCD monitors and components designed to withstand thousands of hours of continuous, 24/7 operation.
Some applications include:Healthcare-waiting areas, treatment rooms, patient rooms, cafeterias Hospitality-hotel lobbies, restaurants, spas, casinos Commercial-retail spaces, corporate offices Institutional-airports, govt. buildings, schools Residential-bedroom, living room and remodeled basement areas
1) Dust Cover
2) Support Frame - Supports monitors and is used to mount the assembly to the ceiling structure.
3) Monitors with hinged, drop-down support frames - Three 40" LED-edgelit LCD monitors with attached support frames.
4) Trim - Style and color designed to enhance the illusion of nature experience.
5) Wall Mounted Controller - Wall mounted touch screen controller allows the user to select scenes and playlists, pause, stop and play scenes.
6) Plug & Play Video Playback Unit (VPU) - Hard drive based system delivers 8 hours of UltraHD content (3240x1920 pixels). Small, quiet, and robust, it is intended for long hours of uninterrupted use.
RED Epic® & RED One® are the UltraHD 5K and 4K digital cinema cameras used to shoot movies such as The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Snow White and the Huntsman, Prometheus, The Social Network, The Hobbit, and more. See a complete list of movies here.
The Sky Factory's award-winning photographers and cinematographers create superb footage of pristine nature. Using the latest RED Digital Cinema™ technology, they capture the beauty of the sky, our largest common experience of nature, in all of its engaging subtlety and variety, from a range of locations and climactic conditions.
SkyV sequences are fixed compositions, generally 1 to 1½ hours long, that allow viewers to fully immerse themselves in the play and display of the sky's beautiful evolution over time.
If you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us, we are often able to capture the scenery our clients want.