Much More than an Aquarium!
A Digital Cinema Underwater Experience
Introductory Video Buyer's GuideSky Factory's ēSea is a digital cinema window designed to provide the relaxing, therapeutic benefits that result from viewing living underwater environments. Research has established that viewing such environments restores emotional balance, reduces anxiety and even lowers blood pressure. The ēSea illusion engages the observer in a deep experience of nature, one that enlivens biophilia, our innate genetic-based need to bond with living systems.
Designed as a portal into large underwater environments, ēSea presents the gentle flowing motions inherent in all marine life. It is this Heraclitean motion that triggers an automatic 'relaxation response' in the observer. ēSea is an ideal solution to the high costs of setting up and maintaining salt or freshwater aquariums and mitigating the risks associated with water-borne pathogens. With ēSea, you get much more than a virtual aquarium.
Library of Scenes
Philippine Coral Reef
Sea Nettle Jellyfish
Anemone and Coral
Clown Fish and Anemone
Welcome to the Philippine Coral Reef, home to the world's richest diversity of tropical marine life. The textured topography of this underwater landscape is home to 500 species of coral and 2,000 species of fish. Catch a glimpse of this vibrant underwater ecosystem as filtered sunlight bathes the coral reef and a variety of species glide in and out of rocky crevices. Blue-and-yellow fusiliers school together as Staghorn coral sways gently in the background marking the beginning of this precious exploration of exotic sealife.
Proprietary ContentFeaturing five hours of unedited, real-time footage (scenes run approximately 60 minutes).
Diverse Underwater WorldsIncluding exotic Sea Nettle Jellyfish, a Shark Reef, Clown Fish and Anemones, Tropical Fish, and a River Habitat in the Amazon!
Superior QualityRecorded using UltraHD RED digital cinema cameras that deliver better than Blu-Ray quality*.
Maintenance-Free OperationProfessional-grade LED edge-lit High Definition LCD monitor and components designed for years of 24/7 operation.
Simple InstallationRecessed 4 inches into standard walls for quick trouble-free installation.
Easy Plug-and-Play Upgrade ModulePeruse, purchase, and upload additional content from our ēSea library—any time—as it becomes available.
|Healthcare||—||For regulated environments unable to maintain live aquariums.|
|Luxury Retail||—||Attractive relaxation window in boutiques, upscale departments.|
|Hospitality||—||Biophilic décor for hotel lobbies, restaurants, spas, casinos.|
|Commercial||—||Therapeutic views for corporate offices, trading rooms, call centers.|
|Institutional||—||Ideal for deep plan buildings, schools, labs, public spaces.|
|High-end Residential||—||Great opening for enclosed bedrooms, living rooms, etc.|
1) Trim - Elegant aluminum frame lends the ēSea a sleek contemporary finish, providing another architectural cue that creates the illusion of a window into a much larger underwater opening.
2) Monitor - Professional-grade, 49" and 55" edge-lit LED High Definition LCD screen designed for 24/7 operation featuring industrial-strength, premium-grade panels with additional thermal protection, internal temperature sensors with self-diagnostics, and quiet fan-based technology.
3) Mounting Pan - Durable and easy to install, the mounting pan houses the monitor and all the components for a safe and quick assembly.
4) Rough Opening - 49" and 55" fully mounted monitor will fit in a 2 x 4 stud wall, simplifying the structural modifications.
5) Wall-Mounted Controller - easy to use 8-button controller with on-screen guidance and a user-friendly menu.
RED Epic® is the UltraHD 5K camera used to shoot movies such as The Hobbit, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Social Network, and more.
The Sky Factory’s award-winning photographers and cinematographers capture exotic footage of underwater environments using the latest RED Digital Cinema technology. By traveling to select aquariums and featuring a diversity of species, Sky Factory videographers are able to enliven our biophilic connection with very restorative, but foreign worlds.
In time, Sky Factory videographers will also travel on location to capture premier underwater environments and raise awareness of these fragile marine ecosystems. By recording these habitats in long, unedited sequences, viewers can gain not only the restorative benefits of Heraclitean motion and biophilic engagement, but also gain an appreciation for the importance of protecting marine life from undue human activity.
* Please note all scenes were carefully selected by professional videographers and recorded in top aquariums around the United States. Some scenes may contain visible scratches, inherent in HD filming through a glass surface; these artifacts have been minimized as much as possible during post-production.